Monday, February 8, 2016

Tutorial : background from magazine paper..

A tutorial for you today, a messy process.. 


Of course The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project, as I am in their design team. 
LOVE these stencils!

****

Adhere a colourful background to your page as shown (I tore the edges).  I knew I was going to use the roses stencil, so I chose a reddish one. YES, it's an elephant!  

Apply black structure paste over the TCW586 Raven Mosaic stencil; do this twice as shown. Leave to dry, of course. 

Apply gesso to the background with a pallet knife, don't try to do this too neat! Leave to dry.

Sponge a dark blue distress ink over the entire page. Clean up the gesso-ed part with a damb cloth. Leave to dry thoroughly before doing the next step. 

Sponge the roses and the word LOVE with various colors of distress inks and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. 

Add highlighting with a white acrylic marker as shown to add depth. 

Add background stamping (drops from Designs By Ryn, script from Katzelkraft). 

When you have a look at the finished page, would you have guessed there is a magazine paper underneath? Without it, there wouldn't have been so much interest in the background. 

 ****

Some sneak peeks:

 I especially LOVE the way the leaves turned out, with the colors from the background shining through. 




I hope you feel inspired?! Go PLAY with your stencils!!



The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member

****

STENCILS USED:

TCW586 Raven Mosaic 12x12


TCW514 Cabbage Roses 12x12

TCW585 Inspired Words 12x12

3 comments:

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!